Have you ever found yourself scratching your head at the crossroads of your marketing journey? Or not knowing where to turn next? Or maybe you’re stuck in the fierce tug-of-war of internal indecision? If this sounds familiar, it might be time to consider hiring a marketing agency.
Is it time to hire a marketing agency?
Let’s explore some of the telltale signs that identify when it’s time to bring in the professionals.
- Crossroads Confusion: Uncertainty About Next Steps. In your journey through the business landscape, you hit a crossroads. There are various routes, but you’re unsure which path will lead you towards success. This grey area can be a result of a number of things. For example marketing fatigue, lack of direction, an inexperienced team, or simply the need for some fresh ideas and fresh thinking. A marketing agency should work with you to understand what you are trying to achieve, evaluate that with you, and help to set a course to achieve your business goals.
- Decision Deadlock: Internal Indecision. You’re at the edge of “Decision Cliff”, but you’re frozen in fear of making a wrong step. This is a common situation faced by businesses of all shapes and sizes. Investing in marketing is both a time, resource, and financial investment. Making the wrong decision can be an expensive mistake. In businesses where margins and competition is tight, no one wants to make mistakes. An agency can help you to understand your position and present the best possible options for you to take. You may not always like what you hear, but better to know now than a year down the line.
- Wilderness Survival: Lack of Marketing Expertise. Marketing is an ecosystem of ever evolving trends and technologies. If your team lacks the necessary marketing skills, you might struggle to gain traction with your activity. A good marketing agency will usually have a wealth of marketing expertise and won’t be shy about sharing templates, guides, examples, and any information that will help you and your team upskill and understand the science behind the skill. Identifying the right agency is key to making sure you get the most out of your investment.
- Hamster Wheel Trouble: No Results from Marketing Activities. Does it feel as though you keep doing the same things but you aren’t seeing the results? A marketing agency can give you a full marketing health check, helping you to see what’s going well and where improvements can be made. Often marketing teams can find themselves in a situation where they’ve focused so heavily in one area, they simply forgot about a couple of other vital activities. Whatever the reason, your marketing agency will help you make sense of the activity and results, and create a plan of action.
- The Fog of Future: No Long-Term Plan. The future can often seem hazy. You may have said that you want to increase your social media engagement… but do you know why? And by why, we mean… specifically why. Having a higher purpose, vision, and goal will give your team and your business have focus. It’s questions like “what are we here for”? Or “why do we get out of bed in the morning and do this each day”? Revenue is, of course, the ultimate business goal… but why this business…? why these services…? It’s likely that there are potentially a lot easier and faster ways to make a quick buck, right? Having a business purpose that extends beyond revenue targets can generate a positive response from customers, employees, business partners, investors, and many other stakeholders.
- All strategy. No plan. Many companies find themselves in this position. You’ve got a strategy – perhaps created by your team or even a marketing agency. Maybe it’s 10 pages, 100 pages, or even 1 page. Trouble is… while it might all make sense, you don’t know what to do with it. You don’t know how to turn strategy into action. The right marketing agency should be able to implement or work with your team to build an actionable plan to achieve your strategic goals. After all, a strategy without a plan is just at best good theory, or as Thomas Edison once said “vision without execution is hallucination”.
- First Step Fear: Not Knowing What to Tackle First. Sometimes you may feel like you have got everything you need, the strategy, the plan, the budget… but you don’t know where to start. Either there is too much to do, or you simply don’t know what order to begin. You may end up doing a bit of everything and not getting much of a result. Or you dive into one thing and while it may be perfect, it’s not supported by the other elements of the marketing mix. A marketing agency can support your endeavour through additional resources, expertise, or simply speed of delivery, because ultimately this is what they do day in day out.
“vision without execution is just an hallucination”Thomas Edison
Unpacking the Benefits of a Marketing Agency
These are just some of the ways you can identify when it’s time to hire a marketing agency. When you bring one onboard, you can refocus your energy, set meaningful goals, and gain a profound understanding of your current position in the business landscape, and the next steps required.
Marketing agencies offer more than just services; they provide a partnership that propels you towards your destination. So, if you find yourself identifying with any of these signs, maybe it’s time to invest in a marketing agency and blaze a trail towards success.
Looking for a Marketing Agency?
Bright Company is a Dubai based agency who services clients around the world including UAE, Saudi, USA, UK, China, Egypt, Singapore, South America, and Canada. We have worked with hundreds of clients on their marketing strategies, either as a consultancy and upskilling agency on a project basis, through monthly retainers, or a blended mix of both. Our work has transformed our clients sales, business, and marketing performance through improved marketing processes, decreased wasted marketing team hours, clear strategies and plans, and the implementation of reporting and review processes. At Bright Company we have experience in delivery a range of services that can help improve your marketing activity including key messages, marketing strategy, marketing implementation plans, landscape and marketing audits, customer mapping, PR plans, press release development, social media strategy, video, content, copywriting, website development, SEO, sales materials and much more.
We’d be more than happy to take you through some examples of our work and talk you through the process. If you want to find out more – drop your details here: